Discotheque
Eugene's
Cellar Bar
Add your own option:

DannyNYC
Subject : Prefered club
Posted : 2/22/2005 4:36 PM (#1788)

Clubber

Just wondering what clubs/lounges you people prefer, please feel free to comment why.

amury
Posted : 2/24/2005 12:03 AM (#1791 - in reply to #1788)

VIP Clubber

I would choose Deep on Saturday at this point.

See Dating Profile
DannyNYC
Posted : 2/24/2005 2:24 PM (#1801 - in reply to #1788)

Clubber

agreed

the MASK
Posted : 4/5/2005 1:31 AM (#1831 - in reply to #1788)
Clubber

Crobar is an awesome club .. and by the way . all the clubs listed are good ones too ..

but from my point of view .. crobar is best coz

1.  they have been bringing the best in EDM .. like Eric Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Deep Dish, Sander K, Danny Tanaglia, Derrik Carter, Carl Cox and many more

2.  the club is pretty big .. there is always space to dance .. even when they had DJs like DT or Sanchez

3.  the line is pretty quick and v. efficient

4.  the staff are excellent .. friendly .. courteous .. and efficient

5.  drinks are reasonable .. but somewhat over priced (i dont really drink alcohol so it wont matter to me . but even water is kina expensive)

6.  sound system .. is pretty decent .. it is not the best (i would think the best would be Cielo or Canal Room) .. but it is pretty good

7.  the lighting system is excellent ..

8.  the crowd .. especially the women .. are pretty good looking ..

for second best .. i would say .. cielo and canal room .. except cielo's door policy sucksssssss .

peace

the MASK
Posted : 4/5/2005 1:35 AM (#1832 - in reply to #1788)
Clubber

one more thing . i am really surprised that China club and Webster Hall are even on this list .. i mean come on people .. China club music suckssssssssss .. they have no knowledge of music .. their DJs are horrible .. and their music mixes are aweful ... the crowd that goes to CC has no idea about dancing .. and is kina snoppy ..

Webster Hall .. is full of tourist (nothing wrong with tourist . but i mean no talent dancers there) .. has a really mean staff ... their drink prices are way expensive .. their managment really sucks .. andddd . their music is horrible .. i mean if u dont believe me .. check the first floor DJ .. that guy has been playing in WH for the past 8 years or so .. the SAME MUSIC EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND .. 80 and 90s .. if u record the music he plays .. then go back the following weekend . not only would u find him playing the same music .. but also in the same order .. hehehhehe

sorry i am not bashing those clubs . just stating my opinion

peace

amury
Posted : 4/22/2005 2:46 AM (#1852 - in reply to #1788)

VIP Clubber

I agree Webster should not be on the list. Sucks

See Dating Profile
DannyNYC
Posted : 6/6/2005 6:19 PM (#1893 - in reply to #1788)

Clubber

Yes indeed, Webster's is not that geat of a place to spent your night in.

Mask, you hit it right in the bullseye when you wrote about their high and mighty staff, untalented dancers, and repetetive music tunes.

I would have to write, though, that the old school WH (2000-2001)  was much better in terms of all those things, except tourists and NYU students of course.

the MASK
Posted : 6/6/2005 9:41 PM (#1895 - in reply to #1893)
Clubber

hey Danny ... i agree with you to some extent ..webster hall reached their high probably in the 2000 time ... and i believe they had a change in management and things went down ..

WH is a tourist club .. no doubt about that .. they dont play any underground music .. totally ktu commerical .. and the people going there dont really care either ..

look at their first floor DJ .. he has playing same music . same sequence for years .. every single weekend .. totally unprofessional ..

oh well . dont get me started ..

on the other hand .. other clubs .. that make and should be on the top of the list from my opinion are .. Crobar, Ceilo, Sullivan room and Spirit ... avalon (previously the limelight) used to be a good club back then .. but now . it is totally trashy .. too many 18 yrs old (and younger sometimes) .. as well as too many china town .. too much drugs ... etc.

spirit is one of the best clubs when it comes to sound system and choice of djs .. crobar is one of the best when it comes to overall design, choice of djs, promotions, door policy, dress code, etc. .. sullivan room has a great sound system as well but is too small for me .. and cielo is one of the best smallest clubs if it wasnt for the fact that they close too early (4 am) ..

oh i forgot to mention also canal room rocks when they have house, techno events ...

never been to cellar but i hear good things about it ..

thats my other two cents .. hehe

Printer friendly version   |  E-mail a link to this thread

Jump to page :
  Page 1 of 1 Pages 1
Jump to forum : Go

Advertising

Privacy Policy |  Legal Note