New York    New Jersey    Miami    Hamptons  
Your Ticket to Big City Nightlife   
To Homepage

Moderators:
naukbh, apotheosis, vipclubber

Main -> General-> Music & Media-> Robbie Rivera - Do You Want More? (Album Review) HOT

Jump to page :
  Page 1 of 1 Pages 1
Message format:  Go
apotheosis
Subject : Robbie Rivera - Do You Want More? (Al......
Posted : 10/18/2004 9:28 PM (#1586)

01. Which Way You Going?
Definatley an "album track". It lets you know right away there's going to be vocals on this CD with energy and great synths to come.

02. Do You Want More?
Goosebumps! Pure driving electro-ripping bass with male ragga vocals. Reminisant of Real 2 Reel / Mad Stuntman updated.

03. Degenerate
Goth-Electro-Pop 'ish. Personally not my favorite, but it does keep changing up things and I have no idea what to expect. I Like that.

04. Float Away
Deep n' bassy with sweet female vocals. Definatley another "album track" but very sweet. Almost could be "the ballad of the album" but with a uptempo groove.

05. Games People Play
Warning! Goosebumps and over-excitement here. Sick Evil Bass line rips then Electro Kick penatrates, amazing subtle females vocals than piecring techno stabs that totally encompass the mind body & soul. I put down lunch right now... hungar is subsiding... Music has gotten the control over me. The DJ in me is thinking "Oh god WHERE Can I rip this track!??!

06. Firebird
Enter soft synths with an uptempo recovering pace. Soothing chillin beat with sultry male vocals. If the last track was sex, this song is the cigarette afterwards!

07. All About You
Maybe I'll still over-excited, but this song just doesn't do anything for me. Female vocals and music are really good, but it just didnt "capture me" in any particular way. Dare I say a "filler"?

08. Blah Blah Blah
Oh GOD I'm hyped up again. The Foots' a stompin! Vocals have a Lady Kier of Deee-Lite SEXY energy that has me captured!!! Soft Techno Stabs with a hook thats drivin me for more. Never thought the words Blah Blah Blah could work so good. I can only imagine playing this "out" right now. I think I'd jump down from the booth and dance.

09. Uptown Girls
More rippin electro bass NOW with Male Ragga vocals similar to track #2. Can lighting strike twice here? You decide. I'm getting my groove on.

10. Hometown
Latin flavored with signature energy bass. Vocals fit smoothly and kind of remind me of track #3 (substitute Latin for Goth).

11. The Drive
Pretty instrumental filler.

12. It's Like This, It's Like That
A electro fueled computer-vocal boppy track with lyric "Leave The Dj Alone"

13. Uptown Girls (Ragga Mix)
Ragga mix of Track #9. Actually really good. It's Ragga feel at an uptempo and if you ask me, has a little Latin flavor as well. Good addition I think if not just for Robbie experimenting in different genres.

14. Keylime - Girlfriend (Bonus Track)
After falling in love the deep club mix, I personally cant get into this "radio version" but think it's great it was included to end off this album.

Final Answer: 9 out of 10 club heads will be a boppin.

So to answer the question...
Yes Mr Rivera. I want More.

www.ultrarecords.com

Printer friendly version   |  E-mail a link to this thread

Jump to page :
  Page 1 of 1 Pages 1
Jump to forum : Go

Advertising

Privacy Policy |  Legal Note